Helen Ball Elementary
Mrs. Washington 937-8217
7:30 - 4:00
Areas of Guidance and Counseling
ASCA National Model
Social Emotional Learning
Grief and Trauma
Technology in Counseling
College and Career Readiness
Kelso Conflict Resolution
Building Character with Kelso
Belief and Philosophy of the Helen Ball Elementary Counselor
- We believe that all students are important and have the ability to be successful in life.
- We believe that all students have the right to participate in the school counseling program that addresses their developmental needs.
- We believe that all students deserve a counselor who is positive, encouraging and a caring role model who will provide a safe environment where they can express themselves.
- We believe that all students desire to be understood and valued and should have access to a school counselor who will advocate for student’s needs regardless of their cultural, socioeconomic, academic and behavioral differences.We believe all students deserve a counseling program that is data driven in order to address the needs of all students and all populations.
- We believe in working with all stakeholders when planning, managing, delivering and evaluating the school counseling program to provide the best program for all students.
- We believe that school counselors should practice in an ethical and professional manner, according to the ethics and standards of the American School Counselor’s Association.