Areas of Guidance and Counseling
- ASCA National Model
- Social Emotional Learning
- Grief and Trauma
- Technology in Counseling
- College and Career Readiness
- Kelso Conflict Resolution
- Building Character with Kelso
Parent Tip of the Month
To help your child succeed in school establishing a daily routine at home is the key. Play your child's favorite song and ask him to get ready by the time it's over. Daily routines that could be beneficial are eating a hearty breakfast, talking to your child about school, establishing a set study time and bedtime.
If your children have outgrown their uniform shirts we would gladly accept those donations.
- August - We Help Ourselves (W.H.O is an Antivictimization Program for children)
- September - Bullying lessons, Kelso Program (Respectful, Caring)
- October - Bullying lessons, Kelso Program (Responsible, Honest)
- November- Kelso Choices (Conflict Resolution)
- December- Cyber Safety, Bullying
- January- Kindness
- February- Self Care Self Help
- March- Testing Anxiety
- April- House Bill 5 Loss of Credit/ 5th Grade Transistion
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
Bullying is when someone repeatedly and on purpose says or does mean or hurtful things to another person who has a hard time defending himself or herself.
- We will not bully others.
- We will try to help scholars who are bullied.
- We will try to include scholars who are left out.
- If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell and adult at school and an adult at home until the bullying ends.
Anyone coming to pick up a child during school hours MUST show proof of ID or the student will not be permitted to leave the campus. Phone calls or notes will not be accepted without proper ID! Please help us to keep all out students at Helen Ball safe by complying with this rule. Communicate this to all friends, family members, day care providers, etc...! The safety of our children is our priority and will be strictly enforced!