Welcome to PE
Our Physical Education class teaches students to develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime. Students participate in a wide variety of activities, sports and challenges that will increase their physical, social, and mental abilities, teamwork and cooperation skills. We hope to provide a safe, fun and motivating class that will encourage all students to want to participate, have fun and try their best.
- Students will be respectful of each other and all school property
- Athletic shoes are part of the uniform
- Students will line up before and at the end of P.E.
- Food and snacks are only allowed during lunch
- Classroom materials will be left in the classroom
- Toys will be left at home
- Electronic devices will be left in their back pack (unless there is a class assignment which calls for the use of an electronic device.)
- Teacher Praise
- Class DoJo
- Fun Friday-an opportunity to choose favorite activity
- Gold Tickets
- Verbal Warning
- Removal from activity and fill out the reflection sheet
- Parent Contact
- Lunch-Detention or in-school community service
- Immediate office referral if a severe situation or chronic negative behavior persists
Physical Education Exemptions:
Students who bring a note from a parent may only be excused from Physical Education for three days. If a student needs to be excused more than 3 days, then a doctor’s note (U.S. doctor) will be required. All parent or doctor’s notes need to be approved by the nurse. If approved, the nurse will provide the student with a NO PE pass which will include the dates that the student will be excused from P.E.
PE Class Schedule
Time Grade Level 7:45- 8:20 PreK 8:20 - 9:25 2nd Grade 9:25 - 10:15 1st Grade 11:35 - 12:25 Pre-K and Kinder 12:25 - 1:15 4th Grade 1:15 - 2:05 5th Grade 2:05 - 2:55 3rd Grade