Student Dress Code
Myrtle Cooper Elementary
Pre-K and Kinder:
Students are expected to wear a red polo without any logo or design; khaki pants, skirts, or shorts.
1st- 5th Grades:
Students are to wear a dark blue or white polo depicting the school’s logo or a dark blue or white polo without any logo or design; khaki pants, skirts, or shorts.
Hair should be clean cut; tails, mohawks, tinted or unusual colored hair are not allowed. Earrings, piercings, or any item deemed inappropriate by administration will not be allowed. Please refer to the SISD Student Handbook and Code of Conduct for more details.
Students will be required to wear school uniform during remote learning instruction.
Students shall adhere to the following rules:
- Respectable clothing free of gang association, alcohol and drug-related illustrations.
- Pants that fit properly. Baggy pants and bicycle shorts will not be allowed.
- Shirts with appropriate sleeves. Spaghetti straps or halters will not be allowed.
- Shorts and/or skirts at an appropriate length.
- Clothing and accessories that do not cause a disruption or a safety/health hazard. This includes Heelys as they pose a danger to our children’s safety.
There is also a universal uniform that may be worn at any SISD schools:
- Khaki pants and a white polo shirt without a school logo.
- School uniform pants and a school colored polo shirt without a school logo.
Free dress will only be allowed on special occasions dictated by the campus administration.