The Internal Audit Department is committed to performing value-added, risk-based audits, designed to independently review, test, and evaluate the financial, electronic, and operating controls throughout the District.
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It's an integral part of the organization and functions under the policies established by the District. Its objectives are to assist management, by providing analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to ensure the District is in compliance with Federal, State, and District regulations.
The Internal Audit Department has established the following methods for employees, and concerned citizens to report, illegal or fraudulent acts, abuse or theft of district property, and waste of funds.
- To report any fraud, waste or abuse, please call our hotline at (915) 937.0199.
- All personnel issues should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Your hotline call goes to an answering machine maintained by the Internal Auditors, which will conduct or arrange for an appropriate review or investigation of your complaint. You may remain anonymous, by not disclosing your name, or you can ask that your identity be kept confidential. If you remain anonymous it may be more difficult to investigate your complaint. If you ask that your identity be kept confidential, Internal Audit will protect your identity and disclose it only to the auditors or investigators assigned to review the complaint.
Call the hotline to report:
- Illegal or fraudulent acts;
- Waste of funds; and
- Abuse or theft of District property or funds.
When calling the hotline, please provide as much information as possible, to include:
- Circumstances of the incidents noted (dates, times, names, places);
- The offices and individuals involved;
- Location of any available evidence (physical evidence or records);
- Names and telephone numbers of credible witnesses; and
- Caller's name and telephone number, if you chose not to remain anonymous.
Don't use the hotline to report:
- Complaints or grievances involving wages, working conditions, discrimination, and other personnel issues. These issues should be reported in accordance with Board policy DGBA (Local), Employee Complaints/Grievances.
*Note: Please remember, calls to the hotline should be made in good faith to report fraud, waste, or abuse rather than to report an employee's dissatisfaction.