Dress Code 2020-21SISD DISTRICT INFORMATION:It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and NAME OF SCHOOL that students should maintain high standards of dress, grooming, and appearance. SISD has established the following universal uniform options to compliment the other agreed upon school uniform options:
Khaki pants and a white polo shirt without a school logo;
School uniform pants and a school colored polo shirt without a school logo.
As per Policy FNCA(LOCAL), a universal uniform may be worn at
any SISD school which has elected to implement a school uniform
It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and Vista Del Sol that students should maintain high standards of dress, grooming, and appearance. SISD has established the following universal uniform options to compliment campus uniform policy:
A uniform dress code is required at Vista del Sol every day to maintain a positive environment that does not distract from learning.
- Royal blue, canary yellow or white polo shirt with or without a logo is required for K-5th Pre-K students must wear a red polo.
- Navy or khaki pants, shorts, skorts or jumpers (fingertip length)
- Shoes should be appropriate for P.E. activities (no flip flops, sandals or high heels)
A minimum of one shirt with the logo is highly recommended for field trips.
- College shirts with uniform bottoms may be worn on Thursdays (shirts and bottoms must be in compliance with the dress code).
- Vista del Sol “Spirit Shirts” may be worn with jeans or uniform bottoms on Fridays. (These include basketball, cheerleaders, student council, library helpers, etc.)
- Team SISD shirts may be worn with jeans or uniform bottoms on Mondays.
- Hair must be a natural color (for example, no green, blue or pink hair).
- Earrings should not be large or dangling due to safety issues and may only be worn in ears.
- No make-up.(mascara, eyeliner, lipstick or gloss)
- Students should dress so that the learning environment is not disturbed. If a free dress day has been earned, the following are not allowed:
- Spaghetti straps, low cut blouses, midriff showing, or transparent blouses
- flip flops or high heels
- inappropriate words or pictures on clothing
- Skirts and shorts must be longer than the length of the finger tips at arm’s length and may not have fabricated tears.
- Jeans should not be torn, or sagging. (No cargo pants, leggings, jeggings, spandex, or warm-ups.)
- Uniform Pants should have no more than four pockets. (No cargo pants, leggings, jeggings, spandex, or warm-ups.)
Physical Education Dress Code
Dress Code: Each child is expected to participate in the physical education program every day. Wearing tennis shoes is a must for your child’s safety and success. “No Crocs, No Flip-Flops, No High Heels”. Please help us keep your child(ren) safe and healthy.