2022-23 Dress Code
It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and Vista Del Sol that students should maintain high standards of dress, grooming, and appearance. SISD has established the following universal uniform options to compliment campus uniform policy:
A uniform dress code is required at Vista del Sol every day to maintain a positive environment that does not distract from learning.
- Royal blue, canary yellow or white polo shirt with or without a logo is required for K-5th grade. Pre-K students must wear a red polo.
- Navy or khaki pants, shorts, skorts or jumpers (fingertip length)
- Shoes should be appropriate for P.E. activities (no flip flops, sandals, Crocs, or high heels)
- No caps, hats, beanies, or hood part of sweatshirt may be worn inside the building
- College shirts with uniform bottoms or jeans may be worn on Thursdays (shirts and bottoms must be in compliance with the dress code).
- Vista del Sol “Spirit Shirts” may be worn with jeans or uniform bottoms on Fridays.
- Team SISD shirts may be worn with jeans or uniform bottoms on Mondays.
- Uniform Pants should have no more than four pockets. (No cargo pants, leggings, jeggings, spandex, pajama pants, or warm-ups).
Uniform checks will be done daily. If a student is out of uniform, a parent will be contacted by teacher. If a parent doesn’t answer, a note will be sent home. Student will remain in class. The second time it happens, the teacher will contact the counselor or parent liaison and they will contact the parent. If this continues to be a problem the counselor will notify administration and administration will contact parent.
- Hair must be a natural color (for example, no green, blue or pink hair)
- Earrings should not be large or dangling due to safety issues and may only be worn in ears
- No make-up.(mascara, eyeliner, lipstick)
Free Dress Days
Students should dress so that the learning environment is not disturbed. If a free dress day has been earned, the following are not allowed:
- Spaghetti straps, low cut blouses, midriff showing, or transparent blouses
- flip flops, Crocs, or high heels
- inappropriate words or pictures on clothing
- Skirts and shorts must be longer than the length of the finger tips at arm’s length and may not have fabricated tears.
- Jeans should not be torn, or sagging. (No cargo pants, leggings, jeggings, spandex, or warm-ups.)