Mission and Vision
Office Hours: 7:30 - 3:30
The mission of Vista del Sol Elementary Counseling program is to ensure a safe environment in which a comprehensive guidance program supports all students in reaching their full academic, career, and social/emotional potential. The program strives to promote and enhance students' achievement by delivering tiered services that assist students in acquiring skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners in an ever-changing global society.
The Vista del Sol Counseling Program supports a collaborative culture of educational excellence in which every student is actively learning, accepting of others and achieving successfully. As successful, lifelong learners and productive citizens, our students achieve their fullest potential, making a positive difference in our school and community.
Philosophy of Counseling
Elementary School Counselors help children...
- Understand the self and develop a positive self-image
- Show respect for the feelings of others
- Understand the decision-making process
- Maintain effective relationships with peers and adults
- Gain an understanding of the world of work
- Develop effective study skills
- Be prepared to make the transition to middle school
Areas of Guidance and Counseling for SISD
- ASCA National Model
- Grief and Trauma
- Technology in Counseling
- College and Career Readiness