Title 1 Parent and Family Engagement Liaison
My goals as the parent liaison are to connect with Montwood families and community and supply them with beneficial resources and materials in order to meet the needs of every student on campus. Furthermore, encourage parent/family engagement to enhance optimal student academic achievement.As the parent liaison on campus it is my pleasure to provide and assist you with the following services:
· Bridge the gap between the school, teachers, and parents.
· Coordinate and promote parent workshops and sessions.
· Provide information to parents/families in order to improve home and school communication.
· Offer parents/families engagement and volunteer opportunities.
· Provide parents with community resources
· Guide and assist parents when in need of information concerning their student, an event, or the campus.
Workshops and presentations offered on campus include:
· College Readiness (i.e., Dual Credit, Advance Placement, Pre-AP, Awareness, etc.)·College Admissions ( i.e., scholarships, SAT, ACT, FAFSA, etc.)
· Assessments (i.e., Benchmarks, End of Course, Telpas, etc.)
· Communicating with School and Teachers
· Special Education Information (i.e., RTI, ARD, 504, Learning Disabilities, ADHD, Dyslexia, etc.)
· Health and Wellness
· Attendance Requirements
· Title 1 Annual Meeting Fall and Spring Sessions
· Bully Prevention and Interventions**Please check the monthly calendar in the Parents tab, as the workshops/presentations vary from month-to-month.**Alice GalvanParent and Family Engagement Liaison915.937-2439
Last Modified on December 21, 2018