Welcome to PE
Our Physical Education class teaches students to develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime. Students participate in a wide variety of activities, sports and challenges that will increase their physical, social, and mental abilities, teamwork and cooperation skills. We hope to provide a safe, fun and motivating class that will encourage all students to want to participate, have fun and try their best.
- Students will report to class on time.
- Each student is required to dress out for class in proper gym clothes:
- Proper gym clothes: Black Basketball Shorts & Gray T-shirt
- No spandex/leggings or compression type pants unless shorts are worn over.
- Students are required to follow all safety rules and instructions given for each activity.
- Students are responsible for broken equipment due to improper use.
- Students will respect their classmate's dignity and the right to learn.
- 1st = Students will be warned/ walk around gym or track
- 2nd = Parents will be notified
- 3rd = Student will be given detention (parents will be notified)
- 4th = Student will be given a referral to the office
Gym and Locker Room Policy
- ALL STUDENTS have to leave equipment alone unless the instructor has given permission.
- Students must be supervised to participate in an activity in the gym.
- Food, gum, beverages, etc. will not be allowed in the gym or the locker rooms.
- Remove any jewelry (facial piercings are not allowed) that may cause an injury or safety hazard.
- Locker rooms are for dressing out only. HORSEPLAY, RUNNING, ETC. will not be allowed.
- Keep the locker rooms clean. Please pick up after yourself.
- Phones are prohibited in the gym or locker room. If we suspect you are using it, we will pick it up and take it to the front office. Parents will be responsible for picking it up.
- A locker will be provided for students who have locks for a locker. After the students' PE class is over, they will have to remove their lock along with any personal belongings. This procedure has been put in place to assure that every student has a locker to secure their belongings. Athletes will be assigned a permanent locker for any in-season sport at the time. We are not responsible for any item that is lost or stolen in PE class.
Illness and injury
- A note from a parent does not excuse a student from participation. A note will help the teacher make modifications to class activities.
- If an illness or injury persists, a medical excuse from a physician will be needed. Please have your physician note any recommended modifications. If an injury or illness will keep the student from participation for a prolonged period of time, alternative assignments will be given to student.
- The student is required to suit out regardless of illness (unless instructed by teacher).
- Students with asthma should bring their inhalers with them to class every day. Do not leave the inhaler in the locker room.
- 60%= dressing out and participation
- * (This will be a daily grade: 50 points for dressing out and 50 points for participation)
- 30%= writing assignment/quizzes
- 10%= nine week exams
Time Grade Level 8:30 - 10:00 1st/5th Period 10:05 - 10:40 Lunch 10:45 - 12:15 2nd (Conference on A Day)/6th period 12:20 - 1:50 3rd/7th Period 1:55 - 3:30 4th/8th Period
Time Grade Level 8:30 - 10:00 1st/5th Period 10:05 - 11:35 2nd/6th Period 11:40 - 12:10 3rd/7th Period (Conference on B Day) 12:15 - 12:45 Lunch 12:50 - 1:45 3rd/7th Period (Conference on B Day) 1:50 - 3:30 4th/8th Period
Time Grade Level 8:30 - 10:00 1st Period 10:05 - 11:35 2nd/6th Period 11:40 - 12:50 3rd/7th Period (Conference on B Day) 12:55 - 1:25 Lunch 1:30 - 1:45 3rd/7th Period (Conference on B Day) 1:50 - 3:30 4th/8th Period