Dress for Success!Lions today/Leaders tomorrowIt is the philosophy of Socorro Independent School District and Chester E. Jordan Elementary that students should maintain high standards of dress, grooming, and appearance. SISD has established the following universal uniform options to compliment the other agreed upon school uniform options:
As per Policy FNCA (Local), a universal uniform may worn at any SISD school which has elected to implement a school uniform policy.Shirts:
- Khaki pants and a white polo shirt without a school logo;
- School uniform pants and a school colored polo shirt without a school logo.
- K-5 Polo Shirt - White, Forest Green, or Orange
- Polo Shirts with school logo preferred (not mandatory)
- Turtlenecks, shirts, etc. if worn underneath school uniform shirt MUST be White, Green or Orange only
- Note: Team SISD shirts are worn on Mondays and College shirts may be worn on Thursdays (or school uniforms if you do not have these shirt types). Chester Jordan Spirit shirts may be worn through the week with uniform bottoms.
- · Docker style Khaki or Black pants
( Oversized pants, black jeans, wind suits, sweats, leggings, spandex are clothing items that are not permitted.)
- NO JEANS MAY BE WORN ON ANY DAY UNLESS IT IS AN INCENTIVE APPROVED BY ADMINISTRATION!
- Docker style in Khaki or Black
- Length must be at least where the middle finger rests when the arm is extended alongside the leg, and no longer than the knee
- Please NO over sized shorts or black jean shorts
- Any style coat/jacket will be permitted to be worn outside during cold weather. Coats/Jackets are not allowed to be worn to cover up students that are not in proper uniform when the temperature is appropriate inside
- Nothing with advertising, corporate logos, or professional/college team names can be worn during instructional time, unless approved by school Principal for specific reason and/or days of the week or Friday spirit purposes
- Sweatshirts/Sweaters may be worn as part of the uniform while inside the building when the season is requires this
- Plain White, Green or Orange ONLY (NO logo required)
- White, Green, or Orange hooded sweatshirts are permitted but hoods may not be worn in the building
- The only pierced body parts which are to be adorned are the ears and should this create controversy, piercings will not be allowed.
- Natural colored hair only (pink, blue, purple, red, maroon, etc. not allowed)
- Hair styles must be maintained within reason so as not to create controversy within the learning environment
The following are examples of what will NOT be allowed at Chester E. Jordan:
1. Clothing with abusive or suggestive language or symbols reflecting gang affiliation.
2. Bandanas, drop rags, hair nets, caps, or sunglasses (physicians prescribed excluded)
3. Black or dark shades of lipstick, lip liner, and nail polish
4. Excess make-up such as heavy eyeliner
5. Tight fitting Capri pants or leggings
6. Tank tops/Spaghetti Straps/Crop Shirts
7. Spiked or studded jewelry or belts
8. Excessive jewelry (large and bulky)
9. Other items such as Chain belts, chains on wallets, or chains draped outside pockets; as outlined in the SISD Board Policy Handbook
10. Any other clothing and accessories that, in the professional judgment of the campus administration and faculty, is not in concert with maintaining an orderly educational environment (baseball caps may not be worn inside our school building).