Welcome Students and parents! We have missed interacting with you personally.
We want to assure you that the whole Ram Family is here to support you however we can through these hard times.
On this page you will find resources that may help with some of the difficulties so many of us are facing. Please contact us if we can help is some way.
Welcome to the Montwood High School Counseling Website!
We are sincerely invested in helping all students reach their academic, social and emotional potential. This website is designed to provide current and up to date information on programming and services provided by the department.
School Counseling Program Beliefs
Montwood High School counselors believe every Montwood student:
- Has the ability to set and achieve their own short and long-term goals
- Thrives with different avenues of learning to include learning outcomes
- Is respectful, responsible, and dutiful
- Meets high expectations
- Is trustworthy and confident in themselves
- Has the support systems to allow for their individual and community success
- Receives appreciation and recognition for all endeavors
- Entitled to a safe supportive
- Receives a high quality education with rigorous academic standards ensuring success for our college and career ready graduates.
At Montwood High School, our counseling department believes that all students be given the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for academic achievement, personal growth, and post-secondary planning. Through the use of data driven programs, our students will be responsible, have integrity, be respectful, be kindheartedness, show community service, and demonstrate commitment to excellence. We trust that all students will become leaders for tomorrow. Our students will live by the lessons learned as they transition into their college years thus continuing their journey into a chosen career in the ever-evolving workforce.
Montwood High School counseling department will provide a comprehensive and developmental program that addresses the academic, career, and social/emotional development of every student. In collaboration with all stakeholders, school counselors will ensure that all students have access to a safe school climate necessary for academic and social/emotional growth. We are all committed to preparing our students to meet the demands of a global society.
Montwood High School Counseling Program Ensures
- All stakeholders be cognizant of local, state, national, and global matters
- Application of the ASCA Ethical Standards allowing school counselors to make decisions to promote the maximum development of every student
- Cooperation in the planning, managing, delivery, and evaluation of our program from the Mont wood High School Counseling Advisory Committee (SCAC), counseling team, campus principal, and community partnerships.
- Use of disaggregated data allows school counselors to facilitate the needs of subpopulations and determine targeted evidence-based interventions to plan for a more systematic comprehensive counseling program.
- Advocacy for the encapsulation of all our beliefs that drive student success at every level of their education experience.