Purple Heart School Counseling/CIS TeamWe are the Purple Heart Hero "REP's" (Reynoso, Escajeda & Polhemus) and we're here to help our Heroes students, Hero parents, Hero staff & our beautiful community of El Paso.
- Arturo Escajeda, Licensed Master Social Worker
- Happily Serving - Pre-K (Ms. Stotler & Mrs. Pacheco (sub), 1st, 3rd and 5th
- Contact Mr. Escajeda at (915) 938-2211 or Email: email@example.com
- Kristen Polhemus, School Counselor
- Happily Serving - Pre-K (Ms. Racz & Mr. J. (sub), Kinder, 2nd and 4th.
- Contact Ms. Polhemus at (915) 938-2213 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Reynoso, Communities in Schools Coordinator & PHE Parent Liaison
- Contact Ms. Reynoso at (915) 938-2212 or Email: email@example.com
- We believe that all students are capable and able to be successful learners.
- We believe when we work collaboratively with teams and deliver a comprehensive program students’ academic, personal/social, and career development will be meet.
- We believe that a school counselor’s role is to be the voice of reason when it comes to advocacy for children.
- We believe that school counselors should set goals using ASCA mindsets and behaviors and school data to plan, manage, deliver and evaluate program activities.
- We believe that a comprehensive counseling program continuously develops with the on- going evaluation of data with the cooperation of school leadership, counselors, and teachers.
- We believe that school counselors must follow the professional and ethical standards of the American School Counselor Association and always maintain professionalism with all stakeholders.
Tomorrows Leaders Learning Today is the vision statement of the Socorro Independent School District which encompasses our beliefs here at Purple Heart Elementary. The guidance and counseling program will play a vital role to instill the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic, personal/social, and career success to maximize their full potential as empathetic and responsible citizens. It is our vision to reach exemplary standards in all that we do while providing our students with a safe and motivating learning experience that will prepare them for the 21st century and become heartfelt heroes leading future generations.
Mission Statement“College begins in kindergarten” is Purple Heart Elementary’s mission which is aligned to the guidance and counseling program. All students are provided with a comprehensive and developmental guidance program. Purple Heart students will acquire collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking skills to prepare for 21st century learning in order to be college and career ready.