Purple Heart School Counseling & CIS Team
Communities in Schools Coordinator & Parent Liaison
Phone: (915) 938-2212
- We believe all students are capable and able to be successful learners.
- We believe when we work collaboratively with teams and deliver a comprehensive program students’ academic, personal/social, and career development will be met.
- We believe a school counselor’s role is to be the voice of reason when it comes to advocacy for children.
- We believe school counselors should set goals using ASCA mindsets and behaviors and school data to plan, manage, deliver and evaluate their counseling program.
- We believe a comprehensive counseling program continuously develops with the on-going evaluation of data with the cooperation of school leadership, counselors, and teachers.
- We believe school counselors must follow the professional and ethical standards of the American School Counselor Association and always maintain professionalism with all stakeholders.
Tomorrow's Leaders Learning Today is the vision statement of the Socorro Independent School District which encompasses our beliefs here at Purple Heart Elementary. The guidance and counseling program will play a vital role to instill the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic, personal/social, and career success to maximize their full potential as empathetic and responsible citizens. It is our vision to reach exemplary standards in all that we do while providing our students with a safe and motivating learning experience that will prepare them for the 21st century and become heartfelt heroes leading future generations.
The motto of Purple Heart Elementary (PHE) is “College Begins in Kindergarten” and the PHE counseling mission is: We are committed to educate and prepare ALL students beginning in Kindergarten by developing critical thinking skills and establishing college readiness for the 21st century. We will insure that ALL students are aware of their post-secondary options, help them set their short-term and long-term educational goals and foster their academic, personal/social, and college and career ready journey through their 5th grade year at Purple Heart Elementary School. In the Purple Heart Elementary School counseling department, equity, access and success are fundamental values and goals of the counselors. Our commitment to these values and goals requires that ALL students have access and support across the entire PHE campus. PHE counselors aim for equity and opportunities for ALL Heroes regardless of race, ethnicity, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.