Americas High School Dress Code for 2020-2021
Americas High School 2020-2021 dress code is established to maintain an environment that is conducive to student learning and teaches respect for authority. Students are expected to be dressed and groomed in a manner that is clean and neat. Safety is our number one priority so students must wear their school ID’s at all times.
The following dress/attire IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND THEREFORE NOT ALLOWED:
- Dress in a manner that leads school officials to believe their dress or grooming will disrupt, interfere with, or distract students from any school activities.
- Wear any clothing or accessories that contain pictures, emblems, or writing that:
- Are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene;
- Advertise or depict satanic messages, obscenities or alcohol/tobacco/drugs;
- Are evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang.
- Wear hats, caps, hairnets, headbands, doo-rags, scarves, handkerchiefs, hoodies covering the head or sunglasses worn inside the buildings.
- Wear spandex, leggings, fishnet shirts, spaghetti straps, off the shoulder, low cut, tube tops or stretch clothing unless worn under other acceptable clothing. Tank top/spaghetti straps must be wider than 2 inches on the shoulders and 2 inches from the clavicle even if worn under a vest, coat, sweater, etc.
- Wear bare midriffs (i.e. tops that expose the tummy). Shirts/blouses must be long enough to stay tucked in.
- Wear see-through or translucent clothing.
- Have exposed underwear and/or any undergarments.
- Wear excessively baggy clothing (pants and shorts must be worn at the waist) or excessively long shirts (shirts with shirttails must be tucked in).
- Improperly worn coveralls/overalls. Straps must be snapped on and worn over the shoulders.
- Wear dresses, skirts, and shorts that are shorter than mid-thigh.
- Wear long key chains, chains on pants, and wallet chains of any length. Belts must be tucked in all belt loops.
- Wear any clothing or accessories which indicate gang affiliation.
- Wear flip-flops, home slippers, shower shoes or pajamas.
- Wear any facial or body piercings with the exception of earrings.
- Wear slides or sandals without a back strap. For example: Nike or Adidas sports sandals and Birkenstocks.
- Wear spiked hair that obstructs others’ view.
Administration reserves the right to change and adapt the student dress code as new fads and trends arise.