Gifted & Talented Services
Due to the situation with COVID-19, Spring 2020 testing for GT was suspended. Advanced Academics and GT campus coordinators have developed a plan to complete the screening process for those students who were referred for testing. Testers have a choice to continue with the gathering of data using virtual test proctoring or may postpone testing until Spring 2021. Campus coordinators will contact families to determine the best course of action for each individual student. Thank you for your patience during this time. If you have questions, please contact Nancy Franklin, Coordinator Advanced Academics, (915) 937-1682, email@example.com.
The new GT referral window for school year 2021 is OPEN. Students in grades K-11 are eligible for GT assessment. Gifted campus coordinators are accepting referrals for spring testing. An information video may be located below to address questions regarding the referral process. Forms for beginning the gifted referral process may be accessed below and should be submitted to the campus coordinator. Please refer to the timeline for the screening process.
Referral Process Videos
To Test or Not to Test?
Spring 2021 Referral Timeline
- November 20, 2020 Referral Window (K-11) Referrals and Permission for those seeking GT testing due to GT Campus Coordinator
- December 18, 2020 Qualitative Data Collection (K-11) Parent Kingore Inventory and Teacher Slocumb Payne inventory due
- January/ February 2021 Quantitative Data Collection (K) Campus Coordinator collects testing data
- Febraury 26, 2021 Kindergarten Screening Deadline (K) Selection committee notifies parent/guardian results of testing; PEIMS coding changed, as applicable
- February/ March 2021 Quantitative Data Collection (1-11) Campus Coordinator collects testing data
- April 2021 Screening Committee Meeting (1-11) Selection committee meeting held; notify parent/ guardian of screening results
- August 2021 Begin GT Services (1-11) Students identified for GT will begin receiving services