The Department of Facilities & Planning provides a safe, clean, comfortable and secure educational environment for students, faculty and staff to strengthen student learning outcomes. The department provides a positive work environment in order to encourage good work ethics and boost morale.
Facilities & Planning exists to provide a comfortable and secure educational environment for students, faculty, and community by providing maintenance, custodial, grounds, warehousing, nutrition, mail room, and printing services conducive to the educational process.
Our objectives are to (1) ensure optimum efficiency of facilities which are academically enriching for our students, faculty, and community; (2) provide support to all District employees allowing them to better support the schools and the education of our children (3) continuously maintain and extend the life of district facilities.
The success of Facilities & Planning depends upon our ability to improve service, confidence, and performance. By continuously understanding the needs of our facility users and relying upon our teamwork, we are able to accomplish our primary goal of providing a comfortable and secure learning environment for students, faculty, and community. We are a diverse department handling items from building maintenance to minor construction and renovation projects, and nutrition services. The department has the following district wide responsibilities:
- Maintenance needs for over 47 major facilities, including portables and additional support sites.
- Daily work order processing via online through the Service and Maintenance Management System (SAMMS).
- Coordinate preventative maintenance, energy management, and continuous improvement programs.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal and State programs to include OSHA and Fire and Safety regulation for all facilities.
- Capital Improvement Projects and Implementations (renovations, additions, and large scale replacement projects).
- Provide high quality, nutritionally balanced meals to more than 42,000 students daily across our district.
Phone (915) 937-0830
Fax (915) 858-8675