The Special Education Department provides service and support to campuses and students so students receive a free and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment. In addition to instructional services, related services are also provided to students who have an identified need.
The Special Education Department also manages the following programs:
- Section 504 Accommodation Plans
- District Homebound Services
"All Children Can Learn"
The Special Education Department Goals
- Provide campuses and staff support for the inclusion of special education students in grade level instructional programs. The department will assist campuses in making appropriate decisions regarding state-mandated testing.
- Provide support to the assessment staff in an effort to provide appropriate evaluations.
- Provide opportunities for staff development so all personnel in the district will understand issues regarding students with disabilities.
- Recognize areas of special need which must be considered. Support for campuses will be provided.
- Provided with improved transitional supports as they prepare for adulthood.
- Support and encourage campuses to provide services to students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment.
- Provide Child Find opportunities.
- Provide support to parents of students with disabilities.
- Support Special Olympics-District and Regional.
- Continue to grow and meet the needs of identified students.
- Support the Compensatory Homebound program and the General Education Homebound program.
- Meet the standards of the 504 program, meeting the needs of identified students.
- Support the implementation of Response to Intervention.
Phone (915) 937-4303
12440 Rojas Dr., El Paso, TX 79928