Return to Headlines

SISD continues curbside meal service at various campuses

The Socorro Independent School District continues to provide curbside meal service for parents picking up meals for young children who are not enrolled in SISD schools or homeschooled students.
Effective Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022, SISD curbside meal service will be provided Monday through Friday at:

Benito Martinez             Elfida Chavez

Campestre                    Myrtle Cooper

Chester Jordan             O’Shea

Dr. Sue Shook               Purple Heart

Ernesto Serna               Robert Rojas

Escontrias                     Salvador Sanchez

Ituarte                          Socorro Middle

Hurshel Antwine            Lujan-Chavez

Loma Verde                  Vista Del Sol

Mission Ridge

No duplicate meals will be allowed.

Curbside meals will be served at elementary schools from 7 to 8 a.m., and at K-8 and middle schools from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Published January 14, 2022

Strategic Direction: College and Career Readiness