Return to Headlines

Summer meal service continues at participating SISD schools

SISD students with meals

Free nutritious meals offered to all children 18 and under at participating schools

The Socorro Independent School District’s Child Nutrition Services Department will offer free meals to all children ages 18 and under Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 6 through July 1. The Summer Food Program provides nutritious meals at no cost to all children at participating school sites. There are no fees or proof of income required. To participate, just show up.

For the summer menu, please visit the Child Nutrition Services webpage on the district website and click on the district menu or call 915-937-0450. Or go directly to SISD meal viewer at:

Adjustments have been made to the participating schools in the SISD summer meal service. Beginning Monday, June 27, the following schools will continue serving summer meals:

  • Montwood High School
  • Americas High School
  • El Dorado High School
  • Eastlake High School
  • Pebble Hills High School
  • Robert R. Rojas Elementary
  • Jane A. Hambric School

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

  Published June 1, 2022

Strategic Direction: College and Career Readiness