Sun Ridge Middle School Student Dress Code, 2021-2022
Sun Ridge Middle School Student Dress Code
PLEASE NOTE: Please see the Student Code of Conduct for district guidelines regarding dress code.
- Navy, gold or white polo-style collared shirt (with or without school logo)
- Navy, gold or white sweatshirt (solid color or with school logo)
- T-shirts (long or short-sleeved) must have a school logo
- Shirts must fit comfortably and not be excessively long
- Other shirts (including t-shirts) from Sun Ridge organizations are acceptable
- All shirts must be tucked in at all times while in the building
- Outerwear: Any non-Sun Ridge jacket or sweatshirt must be worn unzipped while students are inside the building. Hoodies must have a Sun Ridge logo.
- Plain pleated or flat front pants, shorts or skorts in solid navy blue or khaki color
- No cargo shorts or pants
- No skirts or dresses
- Capri pants may be worn if they are uniform-style
- All pants, shorts and skorts must be worn at the waist
- Shorts and skorts must be longer than the student’s fingertips when hands are held naturally at his/her side
- Jeans will be permitted on allowable jeans day (students will be notified)
• Shoes must have a strap behind the heel. Wheels on shoes are not permitted.
• Hair should be worn so that teachers can see the students’ eyes in class. Unnatural hair colors, including unnaturally-colored hair extensions (blue, bright-red, pink, purple, etc.) are not allowed.
• Make-up such as cat eyes, brown or black lipstick or excessive eyeliner or eye shadow (beyond the edge of the eye) is not allowed.
• No body piercing other than the ears is permitted.
• Writing on hands, arms, or other visible body parts is not allowed.
• Contact lenses must be deemed appropriate by administration. Cat eyes, snake eyes, etc. are not permitted.
• Stud or spike-like bracelets, necklaces, or belts or wallet chains are not allowed.