WIN is a student-centered program created to help ensure all Team SISD children have the opportunities and support needed to achieve academic success.
W - Work Hard
I - I Can Do It Attitude
N - Never Give Up
In the WIN Academy, students who have not been successful in a “traditional” school setting will be able to gain two or more years worth of knowledge in a fast-track, demanding, flexible education system that includes:
- High Expectations and Flexibility - Fast track, demanding, flexible education system to gain two or more years worth of knowledge in one year.
- More Instructional Time - Extended Day: Nine hours Monday - Thursday; Friday regular instructional hours; Reading/Math Daily Double Dose; Saturday/Intersession/Summer Tutorials; Small Group Instruction.
- Personalized Learning - Teachers stay with students for multiple years and educate them as if they are their own children.
- Rigorous, College Bound Learning Environment - Laptops for students/ teachers; Hands-On, Project-Based Learning; Structured Classroom Behavior Management.
- Accountability for All - Frequent data-driven standards for students, parents, teachers, campus/district leaders and staff with a “100%...No Excuses” vision of excellence.
WIN Academy Sites (grade-levels)
- Campestre Elementary (3-5)
- Escontrias Elementary (3-5)
- H.D. Hilley Elementary (3-5)
- Hueco Elementary (3-5)
- Lujan-Chavez Elementary (3-5)
- Mission Ridge Elementary (3-5)
- Purple Heart Elementary (3-5)
- Robert R. Rojas Elementary (3-5)
- Sierra Vista Elementary (3-5)
- Bill Sybert School (3-6)
- Desert Wind School (3-7)
- Ernesto Serna School (3-7)
- Jane A. Hambric School (3-5)
- Capt. Walter E. Clarke Middle (6-7)
- Salvador H. Sanchez Middle (6-7)
- Socorro Middle (6-8)
- Sun Ridge Middle (6-7)
El Paso Times
WIN Academy in Socorro ISD gives students a chance to catch up, excel academically
WIN Academy: New Socorro ISD program aims to fast-track struggling students
SISD follows in Jaime Escalante's footsteps
El Paso Herald Post
Students, Teachers love new SISD's WIN Academy
Innovative new WIN Academy to help students succeed academically (cover and page 2)
Students making positive changes, finding success in new WIN Academy (page 3)
If you are interested in becoming a WIN Academy Teacher see SISD Jobs.
Please make sure to complete these forms if you are interested in becoming a WIN Academy Teacher:
WIN Academy Teacher Pledge
WIN Academy Teacher Reference Form