Dual Language Academy
We will be holding our second dual language parent meeting on the following dates:
December 5th at Dr. Sue A. Shook
December 18th at Myrtle Cooper Elementary
Nuestra siguiente junta de padres se llevara acabo en los siguentes dias:
5 de diciembre en Dr. Sue A. Shook
18 de diciembre en Myrtle Cooper
SISD students will become bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish through rigorous instruction and multicultural experiences. SISD Dual Language Academies will provide dual language students the resources necessary to be academically, socially and linguistically successful in both English and Spanish to become globally competitive citizens.
- Develop high levels of language proficiency and literacy in both languages.
- Demonstrate high levels of academic achievement.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures.
Why is dual language beneficial for both Spanish and English speakers?
- Students maintain their first language while acquiring a second language.
- Rigorous instruction is provided in both languages.
- Students will become biliterate upon completion of the program.
- Students will be more marketable in the global society.
Why should my child be in a dual language program?
- Provide students the opportunity to communicate and interact with more people around the world.
- Give students the skills and knowledge to function in a global society.
- Raise students’ confidence and self-esteem.
- Close learning gaps.
Myrtle Cooper Elementary
Dr. Sue A. Shook Elementary
Dual Language Program Model